9 Nov 2011

So a few weeks back Marian Churchland was selling some artwork on her site, she is one of the artist that I've wanted to get some work off her for ages. It came through the post the other day and ...wow!, it's blown me away at how lovely it is, I scanned the ones that I got in colour so you can see the lovely texture to her work, I'm so happy that I've got my mitts on these. She also very kindly did a drawing of both Herald and Bufu which is to die for, I really can stop looking at these, the marker and line work is so nice. 
If you do manage to come across her work I would recommend you getting some, it's so refreshing for your peepers.


 Also I'm bring out a new full colour comic next called Honeydew and Magic, If your going to Thought Bubble then you can come and pick yourself up a copy up from my table. Don't worry I'm still going to be doing Herald Owlett but I wanted to have a go at doing something in colour, and it would have been easier to start fresh with a new comic.

But I've not really talked about it much so I thought I would give a little run down on who's who's,

So there are three characters to this story who live and work in a magic shop called "Honeydew and Magic",  Sprout is the main character to the story (she's the one with the tree branches growing out of her head), Sprout has been living there for about three months now, being a human to start off with she accidentally stole a rather rare tree spirit soul belonging to Goji the owner of the shop.
Now she has to live and work in this shop until they can find a way to get the tree spirit out of there.

Now that I've mentioned Goji to you I best off talk about him, Goji is the owner of "Honeydew and Magic" (he's the one with the orange horns and the four eyes), he is also the shops alchemist, thus makes a lot of the stuff that they sell on site. Apart from that Goji tends to keep to himself, he isn't too pleased that his tree spirit was stolen, so he has to make do with what he has got.

Last off we have Terra, she is the lovely orange monster with the one eye and flat arms. Terra is an old friend of Goji, and help him set up the shop. She is in fact a full trained white mage and doctor although she hasn't worked in that industry for a long time, she helps out Goji in the shop with customer ailments and other such tasks. she has taken a shine to little Sprout and tries to help her out the best she can.

The comic book that comes out next year will go into all this a lot more but I thought it would be best if your knew the characters at least.

I'm hoing to put up some sketch work of it soon andtry and keep this thing up to date, hopfully with some jollies, If your off to Thought Bubble then come say hi...OK



2 comments:

  1. I love the concept and the characters, can't wait to read it. You're one of my favorite artists but I'm kinda bummed you're not posting stuff as you used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on keeping stuff a little more up-to-date but I'm just so forgetful

    ReplyDelete